The City of Belleview's Finance Department publishes a Budget Book each fiscal year. This book evaluates the budget inclusions in great detail to provide more information to the public.
View Most Recent Budget (PDF) | View Past Budgets
The Budget Book includes:
- A more detailed budget book that is required to achieve the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
- A stronger tool for economic forecasting and City project and purchase planning
- Explanations to help the public better understand how the City budgets revenues and expenses
- Pictures that demonstrate items in the budget
- Tables and graphs that compare other year budget totals to the current year
Amending the Budget
The City of Belleview's budget consists of three funds:
- General Fund
- Special Revenue (Recreation Impact Fees) Fund & Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Fund
- Water/Sewer Fund
View the 2016 FY Budget Amendments .
View the 2017 FY Bud Amend Overview Mar 2017
May - July
Staff prepares the budget using current year data for revenue and expenditure projections, Commission meeting discussion and direction and equipment and project needs.
July - August
Commission holds workshop meetings to discuss and revise the budget and to discuss funding mechanisms. The tentative or "not to exceed" millage rate is set in August along with the dates for the millage and budget public hearings.
- First Public Hearing - Belleview Citizens are notified by the property appraiser of the first millage and budget public hearing. Public discussion is held.
- Second Public Hearing and Adoption of Final Millage Rate and Budget - An add is placed in the Daily Sun within five days of the second and final budget public hearing. Public discussion is held and the Commission makes their final approvals.