Marion County has released a statement regarding shelter openings. Please see the full statement below:
Marion County Shelter Openings Statement 9-6-17
MARION COUNTY SHELTERS TO OPEN FRIDAY NIGHT
Emergency Management will be opening multiple shelters hosted by our local public schools beginning at 5:00 p.m. Friday, Sept. 8.
General Population Shelters:
- North Marion Middle School (2085 W Highway 329, Citra)
- Fort McCoy School (16160 NE Highway 315, Fort McCoy)
- Lake Weir High School (10351 SE Maricamp Road, Ocala)
Special Needs Shelters:
- Belleview Middle School (10500 SE 36th Ave, Belleview FL)
- West Port High School (3733 SW 80th Avenue, Ocala)
Special needs individuals can contact the Citizens Information Line at 352-369-7500 to arrange transportation to a shelter.
- Vanguard High School (7 NW 28th Street, Ocala)
Emergency Management officials are encouraging citizens to bring supplies with them to the shelters to last them for 24-48 hours, such as clothing, bedding, medications, food, water, etc. If you are bringing your pet(s) to the pet-friendly shelter, they must be caged and you will be required to provide recent immunization documentation. Please bring whatever supplies are needed in order for your pets to be self-sufficient, and please pick up after them as well.
Registered sex offenders and predators are required to report to the Marion County Jail for sheltering. There will be law enforcement presence at all shelters for extra security.