How do I open a business in the City of Belleview?

To open a business in a commercial unit inside the city limits you will need to complete the Change of Tenancy permitting process. The application is available on the Business Information page as well as a 'New Business Information' Guide. The City will review your application and both the Building Official and Marion County Fire Prevention will inspect the unit for safety. Once the unit passes both inspections, you will contact the Development Services Department to pay your business tax, and a Local Business Tax Receipt is issued and you may open for business.

Show All Answers

1. What is a business tax?
2. How do I open a business in the City of Belleview?
3. Can I use my home as my office space for my business?
4. My business is mobile and is in different places depending on the day of the week. What type of business tax do I need?
5. What information is needed with my business tax application?
6. Is a business tax required to sell goods at the Christmas parade?
7. Do I pay a fee if my business is a not-for-profit?
8. I work in a hair salon as a stylist; am I required to have a business tax?
9. Do I need a business tax to sell to customers in Belleview if my business office is not in the City?